INTRODUCTION TO SPANISH
Semester Length: 14 weeks
This course is for students with no previous knowledge of Spanish. The basic elements of Spanish grammar will be studied, with emphasis on group and individual oral practice. Focus will be given to the development of skills in listening/comprehension, speaking, reading and writing. Multimedia exercises accompany each chapter of the
textbook. Students will be expected to use them in the multimedia language Centre and at home.
(Note: SPAN 110 is not open to students with native, near- native or similar advanced ability.)
This course is designed for the student to:
1. To be introduced to Spanish grammar
2. Become skilled at conjugating verbs
3. Build a supply of expressive meanings
4. Be able to communicate in Spanish
5. Learn the importance of correctly pronouncing a letter or word
6. Identify Spanish-speaking countries in the world
7. Develop an ear for the spoken language
8. Write dialogues in Spanish
Study material is included
Registration Deadline for the Fall Term is scheduled for 15th August each year.